Monday, February 9, 2015

glass

it hurt when i stumbled across her
she was like broken glass all along the floor
but it was beautiful
and my curiousity got the best of me
i remember looking at her
all i could see was the light 
she had an insane look of desperation
you could almost feel it
and yet her eyes were still glowing
like all the life had been sucked out of her 
yet she wanted to put life in everyone elses 
i wanted to pick up her pieces
i wanted to put her back together
and so i tried
i really did
i got a little cut along the way
the more i tried to fix her
the more she fixed me
i never saw her not happy
everytime i made her laugh i wanted to make that happen forever
she started to get better
eventually she was put together enough to get up and walk away
but she didnt hesitate to take me with her
and ive been sitting here where i first found her
wondering if the pieces left on the floor
were hers or mine
i should probably get up.

6 comments:

  1. whoa

    No, really. Whoa.

    I love this cute little girl and you wrote about her beautifully. Specific, yet big enough to be about everything.

    I'm sorry for stereotyping, but cheerleaders aren't supposed to be poets.

    Congratulations for breaking molds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always been confused on what a typical "cheerleader" is, but glad I can help change it.

      Delete
  2. This is really cute Morgan. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan I'm crying. This is amazing. I love her and I love you.

    ReplyDelete