Monday, May 25, 2015

if we never said hello

if we had never said hello to creative writing, whether it be the version I took in 8th grade from mr brooks, the facinating senior class I took as a junior, or the push my limits advanced one, then I wouldn't be able to say I like writing. 

one day I read a poem
no I can't tell you the name 
nor the victorious author 
but I can tell you it hit me
and I knew I could do the same thing
so little 8th grade me did
and did it again 
switched the format
changed the font
again
new topic
different pen 
fresh notebook
did it again 
it was almost like natural 
ya know, no effort 
mr brooks was pleased

it has been established that I could write
wasn't fantastic
but I could do it 
then a teacher thought I had the balls to read it in front of everyone?
nah nah nelson
im just a junior no way
who says my writings....
worthy
important
influential?
so of course
I read it to every senior
and psh it wasn't that scary

now old fart senior that just wants to graduate 
has mastered the idea that writings fun and I can stand up and slam my work anyday
give me a time and place 
I'll be there 
but somehow still needs a due date in order to get things done

and that's just me 
I'm sorry 
but out of all the classes I took
and man there was a lot
this one taught me almost the most
I learned how to speak 
speak up 
speak out 
speak for yourself 
speak to someone you don't know
speak under a fake name 
speak with 
speak alone 

and now I'm good at speaking 
with that talent 
im gonna speak a few last words

love you CW
thank you 
this is bye 

2 comments:

  1. I took creative writing from Mr. Brooks too. I love this and I love you Morgan.

    ReplyDelete